I have worked in the field of language access for over 30 years as an interpreter, a trainer, an organizer, a researcher, an advocate and a consultant. I’ve watched the field grow and helped define many parts of it. As a result, I am well positioned to help your organization with whatever needs you have related to language access.
- Institutional assessments
- Language services design or redesign
- Implementation of Video Remote Interpreting systems
- Interpreter screening and evaluation
- Benchmarking studies
- Organizational development for interpreter associations
- Expert witness services
- For interpreters: basic training and continuing education workshops
- For interpreter trainers: basic training and advanced teaching skills workshops
- For healthcare providers: basic skills in cultural competence, the importance of language access, working effectively with interpreters
- For Language Services coordinators: building interpreter services, data collection, quality assurance, coaching and mentoring
- Design of curricula to be used by on-site interpreter instructors in their own training work.
- Design of on-line training, both mediated and unmediated, for interpreters and healthcare providers.
Whenever possible, my classes incorporate experience-based and participatory learning processes. My curricula include everything needed to teach the class, including class content, lesson plans, audiovisual materials, handouts, and learning assessment instruments.
- Conference keynotes
- Motivational addresses
I connect you with:
- Healthcare organizations like yours that have done what you want to do.
- Leaders in the field with the expertise you need.
- Vendors who can supply your outsourcing needs.
Where do I start?
I start wherever you are and help you develop the next step toward whatever goal you have set.
Drop me an email at email@example.com. Let’s talk about your next steps.